Monday, February 28, 2011

Switching up the Company Name

When I really started pursuing my own business I had no idea what kind of company name I wanted, and being indecisive about anything creative, I landed on KRR Photography. 
Well, I think it's about time I gave my business a creative name (and logo), something that is a little more memorable and perhaps- capturing. 
 During my freshman year, my school chapel team held a creative worship evening centered around art and the event was called "Creo." Creo was on posters all around campus and the word kept jumping out to me until I found out what it meant. In Latin it means "to create" and in Spanish it means "to believe." I was astonished at how fitting this word was to my life. God has given me a gift, a gift to create, a gift to capture, a gift to give. My photography blossoms when He is at the heart of it. And as many of you know, when something strikes a chord that deep in me, I'll put in ink- on me. 
The word creo is located on my left wrist, a daily reminder that I am God's child and that I need to use the gifts He gave me. Because creo means "to create" I wanted this tattoo to have color in it, something a little more strikingly, to put it simply, art. 
I use Matt, my boyfriend, as a sounding board all too often when it comes to art. For the last couple of months I've been throwing around different names for my business. One day he mentioned using Creo and I was dumbfounded at why I didn't think of it before. It's a prominent word in my life and it pertains quite well to my photography. Then just last week, one of my close friends was showing me some of her paper art, and again I was floored. She showed me two, one of which was a tree with Creo in the middle. I fell in love with it, instantly. I loved the colors and the design. All I could think is "this could be my logo!"
That being said- Creo Photography may be the new name you'll be seeing next to my work. I don't know what my logo will be, but I'm pretty sure Creo will be the name. I need to decide rather quickly, as I need to getting going on putting together an official "face" for my business before summer hits. I think God has been pushing me in this direction for long enough, it's time to listen to Him.

All of this is paper- absolutely amazing!

3 comments: